Saturday, December 4, 2010

Up to my pink cheeks in magazines!

I LOVE wifey magazines! They simply make me happy, it's like getting a present in the mail every month...well for me it's like getting five a month...overboard, I know, BUT my mom and grandma support my mag addiction so it's not all my fault. I receive - Martha Steward Living, Cooking Light, The Food Network, Real Simple and Better Homes and Garden {I also get the Anthropologie catalog but they send me that for free!}. My eyes filled with wonder September 2006 when through the mail slot of our shoe box for a house arrived my very first magazine, Real Simple. This was a house warming gift from my mom {thanks mom!}. Brightly colored paper filled my chubby, nail bitten fingers as I entertained my new move loneliness with household creativity and quick 30 min meal ideas. Shortly thereafter I was hooked, every holiday or birthday...subscription please! My newest addiction - I mean - edition and could very well be my new favorite is The Food Network {thanks grandma!}.

Well, let me get to why I am blogging {even though I don't need a reason because the magazines alone are enough to write about} I am blogging because I wanted to share my idea with you so you too wont be up to your "pink cheeks" in old mags...Get a little accordion like filing case! I am telling you this was a brilliant epiphany I one day arose with {patting myself on my back for you, don't you worry!}.

After a few months once my old bike basket {trash we found in the alley} that I use as a magazine holder fills, I go through the pages one last time and tear out all my favorite things. I then file the loose pages away in my nifty filing case. For example, my categories are, Homes, Kitchens, Family Rooms, Bed Rooms, Home Decor, Food, Desserts, Drinks, Travel, Photo Ideas, Dreams and Random. Now I have many ideas to fall back on for years to come! {I am especially excited to own my own home one day and remodel it, believe me I have pages of ideas!}

Rest of the magazine...recycled.

3 comments:

Carol S said...

Great idea. I am going to do that now. You are the smartest and cutest blogger I know.

Unknown said...

how did you become so creative???? love your blog precious one :) I am going to have you cooking when you come home!!! love ya

Dene' Ogles said...

I put my recipes in a 3 ring binder... I love the accordian folder idea for all the extra stuff!!