
The beach at our hotel

Our bungalow

Rome, Italy to Bangkok, Thailand = 10hr flight
Bangkok to Phuket = 1hr flight
Waiting for ferry ride to phi phi = 2hrs
Phuket to Phi Phi = 3hr ferry ride
We made it. Not sure how, but we did.
If you ever have the option to fly Thai Air...DO IT! The flight was amazing. The seats are bigger and lay back far, you get a quilt and pillow. They give you a menu to choose from a few different meals for dinner and for breakfast. Plus its any drinks you want they play little bar tender. I think they want people to sleep ;) Doug and I don't really drink but its just funny to us that a flight offers that with no charge!
Well after our crazy two days of travel, we made it to Holiday Inn Resort. Its not your typical "holiday inn" it was amazing. Very beautiful. We got our own little bungalow, the Thai people are so nice and very service oriented. They are constantly bowing at you! I kinda felt like a princess. The weather was just ok, cloudy most the time and windy. It was 80 and humid too (i like that though!). But we were only there 4 days so we just relaxed the whole time. We laid around and read a lot - I read The Shack to Doug. It was WONDERFUL! we couldn't put it down...everyone should read that book. It will give you a new perspective on God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I am not a big reader - and I finished it in two days! Other then that it was just a nice relaxing stop after Europe and a good lay over before New Zealand. We did like it but we felt like it wasn't worth all the work to get there.
1 comment:
phi phi looks BEAUTIFUL you guys! wow... to live in that little bungalo (sp?!) would be soooo cute! it's so you. it reminds me of when we stayed in that bungalo in sorento, italy...
Post a Comment